Re: non-PCI driver name lookup

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019, Robert Swindells wrote:

I don't think that applications or higher level libraries should need to
work out whether they are connecting to a PCI graphics device or
something else and to call different libdrm functions to work with it.

I'm testing this with multimedia/libva-utils and multimedia/libva,
running 'vainfo' should be able to get back 'sunxi' as the name of
the DRI2 device in use on the pinebook, then fail because there isn't
yet a libva driver for it.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. The hardware that sunxidrm drives ("display engine") has no 2D accel, 3D accel, or video encode/decode capabilities - it is a dumb framebuffer and video output pipeline only. The encoder/decoder functions ("video engine") are an entirely different, unrelated function.