Re: Any good ARM based hardware for NetBSD fileserver

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 09:14:31PM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost writes:
>
> >significantly so this is not any longuer a great concern. I want
> >something reduced to what I need for a fileserver, reliable, handled by
> >NetBSD with low electric requisits and low heat dissipation.
>
> Then one of the low power Intel/AMD sytems is probably the best.
> An ARM solution might have the edge regarding power usage of the
> SoC, but for a fileserver that's only a fraction of the total power
> usage. As a plus you have a standard form factor, for a standard
> case, with standard drive slots, etc.

I'm considering this too (since indeed one significant part of heat
comes from the disks---due to the size of data served and backup'ed,
spinning disks are the only reasonable solution.

But I'd like to give ARM a try in order to not have all eggs in the same
basket and to see how this works.

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/