Re: graphic drivers and simplefb

On Wed, 4 Apr 2018, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 06:45:12PM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
This will crash simplefb if the framebuffer is not configured. U-Boot will
set status to okay to signal to OS that simplefb handoff is available.

Doens't simplefb itself check the existence and status in the dtb ?
AFAIK I have simplefb in my kernel, but u-boot doesn't configure it,
yet I boot with console=fb and if works ...

Sorry I re-read the code and I was wrong about a crash. The idea here was to make console=fb fallback to the serial port (or whatever the default is in the devicetree) if the framebuffer is not available.

Not sure off the top of my head how to solve this cleanly for non-simplefb drivers, let me think about it...