Re: graphic drivers and simplefb

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 06:56:19PM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> There is a more specific compatible string on /chosen/framebuffer that you
> can match on ("allwinner,simple-framebuffer"). If your driver claims that
> node, you won't have to worry about handoff at all...

Yes I've seen it too. Indeed I could use it to prevent simplefb from attaching.
But see below

> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/simple-framebuffer-sunxi.txt
>
> You'll want to add FDT_CONSOLE support to your DE driver as well.

For this I have a problem: allwinner,simple-framebuffer isn't specific
enough. At the time FDT_CONSOLE is called we don't know which variant of
debe we have, so we don't if we'll can handle it.
So I choose a way which allows fallback to simplefb when needed
(and actually it's needed on all but a10 and a20).