Re: usmsc weirdness

I've realized that I didn't need to ping Google to study this: just
pinging the local gateway, my access router to my ISP, will show it.
If I ping it at a fast rate, a tcpdump running on the Pi will show that
it's sending the packets out at the right rate, but receiving responses
in periodic bursts.  Since I've never experienced this problem with any
other machines on that network, I suspect it's happening within the Pi.

I thought I'd take a look at interrupt counters, but then this happens:

: otium# ;intrctl list
intrctl: intrctl_io_alloc: Cannot allocate memory

It's actually this call that fails:

    error = sysctlbyname("kern.intr.list", NULL, &buf_size, NULL, 0);

This is with 8.99.10.  Is that a local problem, or are others seeing it?

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay