Re: How to install the new kernel image?

Nick Hudson <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> sys/arch/evbarm/rpi/rpi_start.S:1.16 should fix this.

That got it to boot - thanks!

> Please file a PR [on hangs when bringing up ethernet i/f]

Will do, once I understand a bit more.  Right now, it seems as if that
wireless networking stick I've plugged in sort of fixes it, making it
likely that the built-in ethernet will come up, but it can still hang.
With a plugged-in keyboard it has so far never failed to work.  With
neither, I've yet to see it not hang at ifconfig time.

So something may be fishy with the USB initialization on this board.

Could it be that the keyboard is accessed early in the boot process,
making sure that USB is always properly initalized before networking
is started?

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay