Re: 2016-10-01-netbsd-raspi-earmv6hf.img (Re: Raspberry Pi update please.)

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016, Alan Corey wrote:

... I'm wondering if I have confidence
enough to try a USB hard drive adapter and have it disconnect with a
file still open.

I use a USB-attached hard-drive for my periodic "off-line" backups, and have never had any problems with the device connecting/disconnecting. Also, my keyboard does not d/c either, and on the rare occassion when I use a flash drive, it remains connected, too.

So I probably wouldn't worry about it. This problem seems to be only related to mice.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |