[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: ongoing vi issues ....
On 14 April 2015 at 16:35, William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
> On 04/14/15 10:34, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>> On 04/14/15 09:43, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>>> In article <552D17BB.6030406%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
>>> William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
>>>> Apr 14 08:25:46 kabini1 kernel: pid 1517 (rxvt), uid 1110: exited on
>>>> signal 11
>>>> Apr 14 08:26:22 kabini1 kernel: pid 2099 (rxvt), uid 1110: exited on
>>>> signal 11
>>>> The last 2 lines are from the crashed session on the NetBSD box ....
>>>> This could well be some obscure case of incompatible interactions,
>>>> however it *is* a plague for me :-/ .... Need anything else, please ask.
>>>> TIA & have a good one ....
>>> Yes, but the crash is on the FreeBSD side. Try using xterm instead of
>>> or ask for help in the FreeBSD lists.
>> Yeah, but it only happens when shelled into NetBSD-7 on the RPiB+, nowhere
>> else, including various linux boxen, i.e. it seems to be the specific combo
>> of ssh in from FBSD 9.3R under rxvt/tcsh *to* NetBSD-7 evbarm-earmv6hf ....
>> i.e. only unique factor is NetBSD-7 (beta :-) ) involvement ....
> P.S. I did post it to Freebsd-questions, we'll see what happens there ....
> Thanks, BTW :-) ....
If you were looking for things to test to throw up more data points.
- Test ssh into a netbsd-7 x86
- Copy the terminfo entry for the terminal type from the NetBSD box to
the FreeBSD box and run nvi there
- Set terminal type to vt100 or similar
- Test different shell (ksh) and/or terminal emulator (xterm) on FreeBSD
- ssh into NetBSD box, then back onto FreeBSD and test (to see if its
- If on secure local network test via telnet or rlogin instead of ssh
- Run vim on the NetBSD box
- Build rxvt on the NetBSD box and run in that (probably via DISPLAY
onto the FreeBSD box)
As people said, most likely a bug in rxvt on FreeBSD which is being
triggered by the specific sequences sent from vi on the NetBSD box...
Main Index |
Thread Index |