Re: partial success: Seagate Dockstar

Hi,

> I've managed to connect a serial console to my dockstar and debug
> what held it below multi-user mode.
>
> I'm using Jeff Doozan's u-Boot (with fall-back to the original
> u-Boot if no external device is connected).

I confirm success booting NetBSD on a Seagate Dockstar.
I used the original Uboot.

> - had to use an explicit root device (config netbsd root on sd0a...)

Does anybody know how to give root device from Uboot bootargs ?
I tried :

  setenv bootargs bootdev=sd0a

But it does not change anything...

--
SÃbastien BOCAHU
http://zecrazytux.net

Please avoid sending me files in proprietary formats,
such as microsoft word or excel.
Please use open standards instead (for example, pdf).
Plain text is *really* appreciated !