Re: Status of current on ARM?

Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:40:07PM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:58 PM, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
>>> The userspace is a destdir.evbarm after build.sh build and
>>> distribution
>>> targets. I thought the boot scripts created enough /dev nodes for
>>> single
>>> user boot to succeed. Below is a log from an older kernel booting the
>>> same userspace from yesterdays current.
>> This is due a bug in userspace provoking a bug in pmap.c.  Which has now
>> been fixed.  If you cvs update, it should work now.
>
> Indeed, your patches work, thanks. Boot log follows down below.
>
> The current kernel is not very well tuned for OMAP 2420 since it takes
> 2 minutes and 44 seconds to boot it to the "Enter pathname of shell..."
> point. In comparison our kernel branch takes 19 seconds. Userspace was the
> same yesterdays current on both.

That's quite a scary difference.

> Hopefully we can post our changes soon, since the biggest road
> block is now fixed. If anyone has suggestions how to improve patch
> flow from interested parties like us towards NetBSD, we'd very much like
> to hear them.

Options are (and may depend on your corporate policies):
* supply patches to mailing lists
* add them to the PR database (at least they're tracked and not lost)
* get the hardware and patches into the hands of someone with commit
access, so they can test and submit the patches.
* be sponsered to become a developer (which I'm happy to sponser if
you're interested) and have direct CVS commit access

Thanks,
Chris