Re: strange ne2000ish card on A1200

Hi,

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020, is%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

> Does anything interesting happen if you take it out and put it in again?
> (Maybe do such experiments in single user mode first, without r/w mounted
> file systems.)

No, nothing happens. Nothing new in dmesg either.

> > I can try over the WE with netbsd-current, if necessary.
>
> I think 7 vs. current shouldn' make a difference, but: must be
> latest 7 tree, *with* the 16bit patch for Amiga PCMCIA. Do you
> have that?

Yes I do. This is where I started. I verified I had that patch, then I
tried this network card, because I assumed (from the cnet16.device
requirement) that it needs 16bit accesses, so might be affected by this
fix.

> src/sys/arch/amiga/dev/gayle_pcmcia.c
>
> should have the version
>
> 1.29.4.3 or later (-7; the -7.2 is not enough)

I verified it again, yes I compile version 1.29.4.3 of gayle_pcmcia.c

> Maybe PCMCIAVERBOSE would be a help here, too.

Ok, I added it, here's the extra info:

pcmcia0 at pccard0
pcmcia0: CIS version unknown (major=1, minor=0)
pcmcia0: CIS info: PCMCIA, Fast-Ethernet, ,
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0xffff, product 0x1090
pcmcia0: function0: network adapter, ccr addr 3c0 mask 63
pcmcia0: function0, config table entry 7: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
a, io space 300-31f; mwait_required io16 irqlevel
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <PCMCIA, Fast-Ethernet, , >
ne0: where did the card go?

> Else we can take a look at the card_info .bin file.
>
> I also suspect we might need to set some flag for the 100mbit/s
> variants (AXIS 99... chipsets) somehwere - I had hoped this would
> be detected by querying the hardware. More driver code reading.

Well, I've seen some of the HW description structures setting this flag
explicitly, so maybe it's not trivial to detect.

Charlie