Re: 3c589 PCMCIA on A1200 - possible resolution to PR port-amiga/31134

Hi,

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, is%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

Sorry for the late response/report, maybe it's still useful.

> On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 10:32:36PM +0100, is%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
> > Can you folks test the netbsd-8.1 kernel
>
> and netbsd-7ish kernels

I was testing a netbsd-7 kernel today whatever is latest on that CVS
branch. My own build. Verified the patch is actually part of the source
I'm building.

> > in ftp;//ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/is/pcmciafix
> >
> > please? (Assuming you have an 8ish setup on your A1200, otherwise).
>
> for the latecomers: on A1200, and test formerly working and formerly
> nonworking pcmcia devices, if you have them.

I have a KTI PF-16i ethernet card, this one works with cnet16.device under
AmigaOS, so I was hoping the fix would cure it not working under NetBSD.

BUt sadly it didn't. Both with and without the patch I'm getting:

$ dmesg
pcmcia0 at pccard0
pcmcia0 function 0: (PCMCIA, Fast-Ethernet, , ) (manufacturer 0xffff,
product 0x1090)
 not configured

I wonder if the hardware is broken, as that manufacturer ID seems
suspicious, just as the missing vendor info, but the fact is, is still
works under AmigaOS. I never tried the card in any other computer but my
A1200 and A600.

Charlie