Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

Alexander Coers wrote:

> the bug still occurs, but in a slightly different form.
> If I log in and enter root, the o is repeated 12 times, before the
> following message is printed:
> kdb_translate: keycode 127 out of range

That's suspicious. AFAIK the Amiga keyboard doesn't generate any keycode
greater than 103. Where does this code come from?

The only input source for wskbd is the keyboard interrupt handler in kbd.c.

> After this message, the keyboard is useable again, but only to lock up
> some chars later (and unocked after another message).
>
> Seems to me that the keyboard looses sync but recovers after that.

Unfortunately you cannot use "vmstat -i", but I would bet that you have more
level 2 interrupts than just from the keyboard.

What you and Chris Edwards, who reported the problem before, have in common
is a PCMCIA card plugged in. Does such a card generate level 6 or level 2
interupts? Did you already try without it? Or is there any other additional
interrupt source (SCSI? Should be level 6, though).

I guess I will insert some debugging output in the level-2 interrupt handling.

--
Frank Wille