Re: 4.99.20 install/upgrade no longer works

Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   4.99.20? There's either a time warp somewhere or you've got really old
> sources. 4.99.20 is over 2 years old.
>
>   Perhaps you mean 5.99.20?

Of course! Sorry. I hope that I get used to it before 6.0 is released. ;)

>> (I)nstall or (U)pgrade?
>> md_welcome_banner: not found
>> [...]
>
>   I don't see this at all. I tried the autobuild files for 200910140000Z,
> the -current I had handy, and just upgraded that -current to today. All
> seemed to work find.

Ok. Then I must have done something stupid, or I updated my source in a bad
moment.

>   There was a short thread on current-users that sounded similar, with
> the only responce being that a /bin/sh problem had a problem that
> exhibited this symptom, but should have been fixed.

Yes, reading it I bet that was my problem too!

I just updated my source today and rebuilt everything from scratch. The
installer works fine. I will continue with the installation now.

Thanks and sorry for the noise. :)

--
Frank Wille