Re: Dialup networking/ppp

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 06:11:50PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

> > >  It should be
> > >
> > >                 if (addr == 0
> > > #if defined(M68040)
> > > #if defined(M68060)
> > >                     || (cputype == CPU_68040 && req & CC_IPURGE))
> > > #else
> > >                     || (req & CC_IPURGE))
> > > #endif
> > > #endif
> > >                 )
> > >                         doall = 1;
> >
> > err, you are right here. Sorry, it was a quick and dirty patch late in the
> > evening, and I didn't try to check it, as I figured I would see less
> > problems
> > with my 68040.
>
>  The original code has a logical error:
>
> #if defined(M68040)
> #if defined(M68060)
> #else
> #endif
> #endif
>
>  So the code for 68068 is never used if M68040 isn't defined.

No, thats no error.

if the kernel has 40 support and 60 support, only do the big flush on the 40
if the kernel has 40 support and no 60 support, always do the big flush.
if the kernel has 60 support and no 40 support, never do the big flush.

(This was back then when I thought that 4k caches are bearable, but 8k
should only do the less big flush, I think.)