Re: Dialup networking/ppp

> >  Not a snowball's chance in hell that I could get hold of such a device :-/
> >

> Oh... every other PC dealer, and every electronic dealer here, has them.
> I consider them, together with a simple multimeter (to check broken wires,
> voltages, and hung
> interupts on Level-Interupt systems like M68K), to be basic debugging
> tools. :-)

 I don't care what you consider, but I'm in Ireland, not Germany. There
 is virtually no infrastructure for electronics hackers.

> You write that it started when the 060 went it. Is it the 060 per se, or did
> you switch to the cbiiisc device (the cs Mk 3 onboard ScSI) at the same time?

 Yes. The 3000's internal scsi does not work when the MkIII is installed.
 Nobody, including the guy at DCE I was talking to on the phone has been
 able to offer any explanation. It may be related to the _int2 hack, although
 that one has no adversary effects if no MkIII is installed.

> You didn't mention your serial speed setting. Try to make it small, say
> 19200 bps, and see if you get better througput. THis will give us a hint as to
> what to look for.

 I'm 99% certain the setting is 38400.

 I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to play around

  (http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/world/2001/0913/amer14.htm)