Suggestions wanted

Hello, all,

I am about to finish my upgrades for my colocated server, and I'd like a few suggestions, please.

My machine is a CyberStorm PPC with a 66 mhz 68060 and two IBM 18 gig 10k wide ultra SCSI drives; I am running NetBSD 1.4.2.

(one) In order to reduce thrashing, I have decided to have my root, swap, and /usr/web on the first drive, and var, usr, and additional swap on the second.
        (a) is this ideal for a heavily used web server?
        (b) can I prioritise the swap, and if so, which drive should have it?

(two) Apache, with mod_perl installed, takes about 3300k per daemon. Should I limit the maximum number of connections to 40 in order to keep them from thrashing swap, or can I assume that the "active" part of each daemon is probably much less, and leave the maximum somewhere at around 100? (I've had more than 70 spawned at a time during busy web traffic, but this was before mod_perl)

(three) Regarding memory, I have 128 megs of 64 bit ram on the CyberStorm, and I have 16 megs on the motherboard. Knowing that motherboard memory is substantially slower than accelerator memory, should I remove it, or can I have NetBSD use it for some other purpose? I vaguely remember m68k Linux having a way that the 16 meg could be used as swap.

(four) Also regarding memory (this is a long shot): Has anyone heard of or does anyone know of any way to get a CyberStorm to recognise 128 meg SIMMs? I have two 128 meg SIMMs in my Blizzard 1260, but when I put them on the CyberStorm, they appear as only 32 megs each.

Thanks much,
John Klos