Ariadne errors

Hi!

I finished installing NetBSD 1.2 just the other day.
I must say it seems like a very solid product!

I even got to install X11 (with support for my PicassoIV -- Great!),
and got Ethernetworking up and running on my Ariadne card. I have a
direct connection to the Internet at 10Mb/s.

The only problem I have is with the networking, while initializing the
ae0 interface I get the message : lost carrier.

I thought this meant I didn't get a connection, but upon further
inspection everything was functional (PING, FTP etc.).

I also get rather a few of the messages like:

crc mismatch
framing error

They seem to crop up every few minutes, but when disk activity is
high, the pop up rather more often.

Maybe there is some relation to the IDE driver, as my disk is on the
IDE interface of my A4000.

My full configuration is:

A4000/060, Apollo 4060 populated with 36Mb RAM, SCSI, but currently
not used (PIO-SCSI).

Ariadne Ethernet card.
Seagate 2.1 Gb Medalist 256kb cache, 4500rpm
PicassoIV

If anyone knows what I might do to get the errors to disappear, it
would be great!

Best regards,

Torgeir Lilleskog, tli%idi.ntnu.no@localhost