Port-alpha archive

Re: DEC PWS500au (MiataGL) EIDE Issues

> On May 18, 2021, at 9:15 PM, Alexander Jacocks <jjacocks%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I finally managed to get the system up, having found a different LSI 53c875 SCSI controller, that seems to work.
>
> Is there anything that I can do to test, easier, now that the system is working?

Hey Alex, sorry I wasn’t able to work on this for a couple of days.

So, I think the first experiment to try is: build a kernel without “cypide” … just use the fall-back “pciide” driver that will only do PIO, and see if that does any better.

I built one for you:

    http://www.netbsd.org/~thorpej/netbsd-alpha-9-2-GENERIC-no-cypide.gz

Give that a whirl… if it results in a working drive (using the slower PIO modes), then that narrows down where we need to look.

Thanks!

-- thorpej