Port-alpha archive

Re: can't reboot after running a 5.0 kernel

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Chuck Cranor wrote:

Thanks for the info guys.

My alpha doesn't have an "sio" device so that patch didn't make a difference
(posted a dmesg in the other email).   Tsutsui, is there another device that
we could try to patch to fix it?

Commenting out the body of pci_child_shutdown() as noted in PR 40077
did fix the problem!

I think David Young provided an alternate fix, which saves and restores the pci command register. It was on port-i386 last August in the thread
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2010/08/04/msg002089.html and a
patch specifically in http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2010/08/04/msg002091.html and http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2010/08/05/msg002098.html for a netbsd-5 version.

Mike

--