Port-alpha archive

Re: can't reboot after running a 5.0 kernel

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 01:40:12AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > I've seen exactly this on another Alpha.  I believe this is PR #40077.
> >
> > There's a workaround in the PR.  Basically you have to disable the
> > code that disables PCI bus mastering on a shutdown.
>
> I wonder if this pmf(9) hack is acceptable...
> (diff is for netbsd-5 branch)

Thanks for the info guys.

My alpha doesn't have an "sio" device so that patch didn't make a difference
(posted a dmesg in the other email).   Tsutsui, is there another device that
we could try to patch to fix it?

Commenting out the body of pci_child_shutdown() as noted in PR 40077
did fix the problem!

chuck