Port-i386 archive

ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

Hello list,

I am currently setting up a Compaq DL360 G1 Server with NetBSD (5.1_RC2). While
this worked perfectly so far with a single-CPU variant (after some help from
Matthias Scheler with a reboot-problem, see attached patch and PR 38501), the
kernel (my own patched one as well as -GENERIC) froze the moment the first CPU
was printed in green on the screen after I changed from single to dual
processor.
I was able to boot the kernel by disabling ACPI, but the kernel failed to
detect the second CPU. The kernel-config-option MPBIOS -was- enabled, but the
CPU was still not detected.
After booting the SmartStart-CD, starting the System Configuration Utility, and
switching the Operating System from "Other" to "Windows NT 4.0", MP BIOS
finally worked, and the second CPU was found by the Kernel.

Enabled ACPI still leads to freeze.

uname -a :

NetBSD butterfly.home.nifelheim.info 5.1_RC2 NetBSD 5.1_RC2 (BUTTERFLY-1.0) #0:
Sat Jun 12 00:11:33 CEST 2010
root%panther.home.nifelheim.info@localhost:/build/work/i386/butterfly/obj/build/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/BUTTERFLY
 i386

For dmesg, see attachment.
--
GRATIS fÃr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!