Port-alpha archive

Re: looking for a server

On 3 Apr 2008, at 8:52 PM, der Mouse wrote:

``[...]''
^^^^ is, frankly, deceptive and, in terms of helpfulness, worse
than nothing.
Deceptive?  Everything I wrote was FACT.

That doesn't make it non-deceptive.  The best deceptions are entirely
factual - just selective about what facts they state, and how....

As for burning CDs, I've never tried it on an alpha, so my ability to
help here is minimal.  I have a burner, but it's SCSI, and on a SPARC.
It mostly Just Works for me, though it has burnt a couple of coasters
for reasons I do not really have a handle on.

Did port-alpha get out of the wrong side of the bed today? Okay, then, let me play along, as the smileys seem not to get noticed here any more.

Sure, it doesn't make it non-deceptive. (Double-negatives are always a good way to improve clarity, don't you think?) But are you claiming that that particular statement was deceptive? (Or should that be "not non-deceptive?":) I didn't realise I was making anything other than a tangential personal comment originally, but now you've got me not so sure. :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

Disclaimer: I have never burned a CD in any of the rack-mounted systems I use.

Disclaimer: The above disclaimer has not been verified to be 100% not non-deception free. ;-)

e-mail: paul%gromit.dlib.vt.edu@localhost

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa