Port-alpha archive

Re: looking for a server

On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:27 AM, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
 I have been looking for a web server. I really don't like PC. I have
always used 68k systems and powerpc. I had a few disasterous attempts to
 use pcs and that was it. I wanted to find out more information about
 Alpha, like how reliable they are and if I can get one in a 2U (or
smaller) that will hold at least 3 drives. I could also use a server that has a case that is 3x18x20 or 6x9x20 (yes, that is the size the colo has
 given me). I looked through the model support page and I didn't see
anything. Just thought maybe someone who really knows Alphas could tell me
 better.

Unfortunately,  I think you are  nearly 10 years too late.

  I dunno man...My Alpha systems run just fine.

         -Dave

  "In the USA, if it's old, it's bad, and if it's not new, it's old.."

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL