Re: New packages and question about BUILDLINK_DEPENDS

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:18:55AM +0200, Aron Stansvik wrote:
> Ehum. Just to make sure I get this right. To make it depend on just
> "libmemcache", no specific version, I would just skip the assignment to
> BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.libmemcache ?
>
> A buildlink3.mk file like:
>
> [...]
>
> Will pull in the dependency, with no specific version requirement. Right?

No, that doesn't seem to work. :-(

But this worked for me:

BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.libmemcache+=         libmemcache>

But I don't know how "correct" that is (other than "it works" and "pkglint
accepts it").

Otherwise you could use things like libmemcache>=0.

> Sorry for all the questions, but it's my first package, and I couldn't
> find any information in the pkgsrc docs about non-version-sensitive
> buildlink3.mk files. And digging in /usr/pkgsrc/mk is mostly voodo to me
> :)

No problem, that's what this list, and pkgsrc-wip, is about. :-)

GH