Re: New packages and question about BUILDLINK_DEPENDS

2005/9/15, Aron Stansvik <elvstone%gmail.com@localhost>:
> 2005/9/15, Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx%ua.ac.be@localhost>:
> > On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:32:09AM +0200, Aron Stansvik wrote:
> > > I'm a little unsure if having the dependency on "1.4.0.b5" instead of
> > > just "1.4.0" will mess up when libmemcache 1.4.0 becomes the final
> > > "1.4.0".
> >
> > I think it will.  So use >=1.4.0 if it's necessary, but simply use
> > libmemcache if the version is not that important.
>
> Okay. In that case I think I'll go with just libmemcache. libmemcache
> seems very stable and slow growing, and I'm only adding this package
> because it's an optional dependency of the lighttpd package, so it's
> not like there's a horde of packages waiting to use it. I'll keep an
> eye out though :)

Ehum. Just to make sure I get this right. To make it depend on just
"libmemcache", no specific version, I would just skip the assignment
to BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.libmemcache ?

A buildlink3.mk file like:

BUILDLINK_DEPTH:=               ${BUILDLINK_DEPTH}+
LIBMEMCACHE_BUILDLINK3_MK:=     ${LIBMEMCACHE_BUILDLINK3_MK}+

.if !empty(BUILDLINK_DEPTH:M+)
BUILDLINK_DEPENDS+=     libmemcache
.endif

BUILDLINK_PACKAGES:=    ${BUILDLINK_PACKAGES:Nlibmemcache}
BUILDLINK_PACKAGES+=    libmemcache

.if !empty(LIBMEMCACHE_BUILDLINK3_MK:M+)
BUILDLINK_PKGSRCDIR.libmemcache?=       ../../wip/libmemcache
.endif  # LIBMEMCACHE_BUILDLINK3_MK

BUILDLINK_DEPTH:=     ${BUILDLINK_DEPTH:S/+$//}

Will pull in the dependency, with no specific version requirement. Right?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's my first package, and I couldn't
find any information in the pkgsrc docs about non-version-sensitive
buildlink3.mk files. And digging in /usr/pkgsrc/mk is mostly voodo to
me :)

Aron