Re: dealing with curses/ncurses conflict in pkgsrc

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 00:06 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I can't reproduce this.
> My guess is that your pkgsrc/mk is outdated and doesn't
> include the USE_BUILDLINK3=YES default (are you using the
> 2005Q1 branch?).
> Try adding USE_BUILDLINK3=YES to your package (but don't commit
> it, it's now default and obsoleted).
It WAS buildlink! It worked after I added USE_BUILDLINK3, then it worked
again after I updated pkgsrc and removed USE_BUILDLINK3.

> Some other comments on the package:
> DESCR should contain more information about the package;
> you can remove your name and email, after all, you're the
> MAINTAINER :)
Done.

> The PERMIT_* variables you use in the Makefile are not
> used by pkgsrc.
Done.

> The distfile is not versioned, so you should use
> DIST_SUBDIR=${PKGNAME_NOREV}
> (and convince the author to use versioned distfiles).
Done, mostly. Project has been abandoned.

> The bsd.prefs.mk inclusion is unnecessary.
Done.

> The pre-configure target shouldn't be necessary,
> except if the distribution tarball contains extra files.
Suggestions? Project has been abandoned. I can't even find their
original patches, so reverse-engineering it dynamically from modern
XTerm would be rather difficult. You'd have to diff what we've got with
the version 128 XTerm, then do the same thing against current XTerm.
Once again, I could clean it and host it myself, but multiple
MASTER_SITES would be better, because I will be moving soon.
NetizenWeb.com servers could go down for an undetermined amount of time
in the next few weeks.

> pkglint complains about white space in the PLIST, and that
> the PLIST isn't sorted.
Done. Updating pkglint informed me of this.

> patch-ac contains -I/usr/pkg/include -- you should add ${CPPFLAGS}
> there instead (and include CPPFLAGS+=-I${LOCALBASE}/include in the
> package's Makefile if necessary). Similarly for X_EXTRA_LIBS and
> ${LDFLAGS}.
Done. Works great.

I have committed all changes (except for USE_BUILDLINK3) and would
appreciate anybody who has the time to test out the usability of the
package.

Thanks Alot,
- Greg S.