Re: dealing with curses/ncurses conflict in pkgsrc

> I can't reproduce this.
> My guess is that your pkgsrc/mk is outdated and doesn't
> include the USE_BUILDLINK3=YES default (are you using the
> 2005Q1 branch?).
Must be, the system has remained the same since the release of NetBSD
2.0, since I don't remember cvsup'ing, stock pkgsrc is likely.

> Try adding USE_BUILDLINK3=YES to your package (but don't commit
> it, it's now default and obsoleted).
will do

> Some other comments on the package:
> DESCR should contain more information about the package;
> you can remove your name and email, after all, you're the
> MAINTAINER :)
Good to know!

> The PERMIT_* variables you use in the Makefile are not
> used by pkgsrc.
I'll remove them. They only ever got inserted because when I started
writing the package, the NetBSD documentation said to look at FreeBSD's
documentation, which mentioned them.

> The distfile is not versioned, so you should use
> DIST_SUBDIR=${PKGNAME_NOREV}
> (and convince the author to use versioned distfiles).
My bad, I though pkglint complained about it. Well, I'll set up a
version directory for DIST_SUBDIR when I look at everything else.
Unfortunately, it is unlikely that the author will change anything. His
website has been down for some time and I don't have a current e-mail
address.

> The bsd.prefs.mk inclusion is unnecessary.
Thanks.

> The pre-configure target shouldn't be necessary,
> except if the distribution tarball contains extra files.
Actually, the distribution tarball contains ALOT of extra files. I
believe it was built and distributed by cygwin, so it has to be cleaned.
I can clean it up, re-tar and host in on my website if you think it
would be a good idea.

> pkglint complains about white space in the PLIST, and that
> the PLIST isn't sorted.
my pkglint must be old. thanks.

> patch-ac contains -I/usr/pkg/include -- you should add ${CPPFLAGS}
> there instead (and include CPPFLAGS+=-I${LOCALBASE}/include in the
> package's Makefile if necessary). Similarly for X_EXTRA_LIBS and
> ${LDFLAGS}.
Thanks for the tips, I'll cvsup pkgsrc, checkout wip, update pkglint,
and take a look at everything tonight and try and do a commit soon.

Thanks,
- Greg S.