Re: dealing with curses/ncurses conflict in pkgsrc

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 02:54:16PM -0600, Greg Schenzel wrote:
> I've been working on pkglint'ing and polishing my mxterm port before
> sending it for review and cvs import. I'm down to the last problem,
> which is that when compiling the small "resize" program after the
> main compile is done, NetBSD curses and pkg of ncurses run in
> conflict of each other over curses.h->unctrl.h and the compile will
> not complete. Simply running the same command without the
> "-I/usr/pkg/include" argument results as expected, however I can not
> remove /usr/pkg/include from the default compile command because
> "mxterm" requires openmotif, which is under /usr/pkg. Any suggestions?

I can't reproduce this.
My guess is that your pkgsrc/mk is outdated and doesn't
include the USE_BUILDLINK3=YES default (are you using the
2005Q1 branch?).
Try adding USE_BUILDLINK3=YES to your package (but don't commit
it, it's now default and obsoleted).

Some other comments on the package:
DESCR should contain more information about the package;
you can remove your name and email, after all, you're the
MAINTAINER :)
The PERMIT_* variables you use in the Makefile are not
used by pkgsrc.
The distfile is not versioned, so you should use
DIST_SUBDIR=${PKGNAME_NOREV}
(and convince the author to use versioned distfiles).
The bsd.prefs.mk inclusion is unnecessary.
The pre-configure target shouldn't be necessary,
except if the distribution tarball contains extra files.
pkglint complains about white space in the PLIST, and that
the PLIST isn't sorted.
patch-ac contains -I/usr/pkg/include -- you should add ${CPPFLAGS}
there instead (and include CPPFLAGS+=-I${LOCALBASE}/include in the
package's Makefile if necessary). Similarly for X_EXTRA_LIBS and
${LDFLAGS}.

Cheers,
 Thomas