Re: www/firefox 94.0.2 and QUIC

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 09:16:19AM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 at 06:09, Paul Ripke <stix%stix.id.au@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > NetBSD 10.0_RC4 amd64 with firefox-120.0.1 from pkgsrc-2023Q4, HTTP/3
> > works on the second reload from https://cloudflare-quic.com/.
> >
> > Not sure what's different about my setup?
>
> Interesting... could I ask if you are connecting via IPv6 or V4, and

Both; interestingly, cloudflare-quic.com defaults to IPv6, and
quic.nginx.org appears IPv4 only.

> are you behind NAT if the latter (just looking for more data)

This machine *is* my NATing gateway, so it has a public v4, no NAT
between me and the 'net.

> but definitely good news that it does work in some cases :)

Indeed - confused the daylights out of me a while back when
tcpdump'ing access to a site and coming up with nothing - until I
added UDP to my tcpdump filter... ohhh! Light dawned...

Just checking sysctl.conf... I don't see anything immediately relevant
in there, either.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds