Re: www/firefox 94.0.2 and QUIC

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 12:00:25PM +0200, Marc Baudoin wrote:
> [As my original message didn't have any answer, I'm trying
> again. ]
>
> Marc Baudoin <babafou%babafou.eu.org@localhost> ?crit :
> >
> > Is HTTP/3 (over QUIC) supposed to be working in www/firefox
> > (current version, that is 94.0.2) on NetBSD?
> >
> > The network.http.http3.enabled parameter has been set by default
> > to true in about:config for a few versions of Firefox.  HTTP/3 is
> > working with Firefox on the Linux distributions I tried but I
> > can't get it to work on NetBSD/amd64 9.2 with the Firefox from
> > pkgsrc.  The following Web site tells what HTTP version sent the
> > request it received:
> >
> > https://cloudflare-quic.com/
> >
> > I didn't find any option in pkgsrc or configure in the sources of
> > Firefox that could explain HTTP/3 is not working (such as a
> > missing library), that's why I'm asking here.
>
> Nowadays, it's Firefox 103 and NetBSD 9.3 but the situation
> hasn't improved. Does anyone know how to get HTTP/3 to work with
> Firefox on NetBSD?

NetBSD 9.2 as of 2021-05-15, pkgsrc-2022Q2, firefox-101.0.1.
Browsing https://cloudflare-quic.com/ and reloading a few times did
show http3, and confirmed via tcpdump the traffic was all UDP (and IPv6
as it happens).

It seems after a cmd-shift-r reload it reverts back to http2, then
bashing cmd-r a few times flips back to http3. No idea why.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds