Re: Removal of devel/got, replaced by devel/got-portable

On 24/01/17 11:43PM, David H. Gutteridge wrote:

> Since we've had devel/got-portable in pkgsrc for over a year, I don't
> see any reason why we'd still retain the older devel/got. Unless anyone
> has concerns, I propose we remove it.

I second this, unless @ryoon thinks otherwise.
devel/got predates the official portable release of GoT and prominently
targets NetBSD, though the compat library locally stored with the
package could be adapted to other systems. Since we have got-portable
now, it makes sense to prefer the latter on a cross-platform packaging
system like pkgsrc, and to let the GoT author(s) take care of the
maintenance burden related to portability. I still have to look into
patching got-portable to build on SunOS, otherwise all of our Tier 1
platform are supported by the package.

Yet, in case devel/got were to be removed, should got-portable simply
supersede it, or should devel/got-portable be renamed devel/got (and can
this be carried out in a clean way?)

Regards,
PVO