Re: Removal of devel/got, replaced by devel/got-portable

On 24/01/28 02:29PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

>   what is upstream's preferred name?

Upstream either refers to it as "the portable version of Game of Trees"
or as "got-portable" [1]. This is not consistent with the usual habit of
OpenBSD devs to name the portable release of an utility "foo" as
"<open>foo". OpenBSD ports have GoT in their repo as devel/got and as a
consequence all other distributions have named the package simply "got"
[2]. In my opinion, to avoid confusion, it would be better to conform to
the choice of other software distributions and name the package
devel/got.

>   what is the % of users who have one vs the other (of the set that have
>   both)

I know of a handful of users having devel/got-portable installed on
their system. Some asked me about the difference between got and
got-portable, and the only real difference for NetBSD users is that
devel/got is stuck at version 0.48, while upstream GoT currently reached
0.95 (devel/got-portable is up to date).

[1] https://gameoftrees.org/portable.html
[2] https://repology.org/project/got-game-of-trees/versions
--
PVO | https://retrobsd.ddns.net