Re: dbus ConsoleKit timeouts on lxqt (Was: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc)

On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 at 21:45, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> Sounds like an initialization bug, or less likely, a race condition.
>
> Are any of the LXQT packages or dependencies due for an upgrade?  I'd do
> that before spending time trying to diagnose code issues.  Maybe this
> issue has already been fixed upstream.

With the latest pkgsrc I get the lxqt power manager still crashing,
but no timeouts or other apparent issues with dbus.

I'm suspect this is the update to devel/glib2 to use the dbus system
socket under /var/run (Nov 17), though it could be the update of
pkgsrc/x11/lxqt-session to 1.4.0 (Nov 14).

Does either/both of these changes fix the issue for others? If so I'd
like to get the relevant change pulled up into the pkgsrc-2023Q3
branch :)

David