Re: dbus ConsoleKit timeouts on lxqt (Was: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 at 15:30, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 7/23/23 09:00, David Brownlee wrote:

> >> Same here. Once it starts, it takes some two-three minutes to switch
> >> workspaces or click and get the menu.
> >>
> >> But then on one of my laptops xfce4 completely fails to start - X gets
> >> killed. Lxde is also very slow. similar to lxqt.
> >>
> >> I'll start some rebuilds tomorrow as well.
> >
> > Just an update that with the latest pkgsrc build I'm no longer seeing
> > the lxqt slow startup and non responsiveness issues (at one point last
> > week with a previous build I logged-in in the morning and the task bar
> > clock was unchanged by the evening :)
> >
> > How is it for other people?
> >
> > Just as a heads up for anyone on netbsd-10/amd64, there are
> > ~continually updated binaries from pkgsrc-trunk as part of jperkin's
> > pkgsrc work at https://pkgsrc.smartos.org/install-on-netbsd/
> >
> > David
>
> I'm still getting consolekit, pulseaudio, and upower errors after:
>
> pkgin -f update
> pkgin upgrade
>
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession (unchanged since before the problems began):
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session startlxqt

I'm running locally built packages (because of course I would be), but
I wonder if there are any significantly different package versions?
http://sync.absd.org/pkg_info.txt

I'm also using x11/slim as login manager and just calling startlxqt in
.xsession, which may be a factor (but it *was* awful for me with
packages from a week or so ago also)

David