Re: dbus ConsoleKit timeouts on lxqt (Was: NetBSD builds of DEs from pkgsrc)

On 7/12/23 04:30, David Brownlee wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jul 2023 at 21:11, Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> wrote:
[...]

2. I'm seeing a lot of dbus errors that I didn't see with the previous
package set, like the following:

Jul 10 14:58:27 netbsd10 dbus-daemon[21332]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit' requested by ':1.0' (uid=2000 pid=4202
comm="ck-launch-session dbus-launch --exit-with-session") (using
servicehelper)

Similar for UPower.

LXQT is very slow to start up, apparently as a result of the timeouts.

Would you still have the older binaries to hand? Do they start up the
same set of daemons, or do they fail to startup some of them? (Just
wondering what changed)

David

I'm going to wait a few days and see what the situation is after the
next round of bulk builds, since Jonathan fixed the fetch failures.  It
will be easier to debug issues when there are no missing/outdated packages.

Thanks,