Re: Committer Request for wip/herbe

Hi Greg,

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> I looked briefly and found no issues.
>
> I would suggest writing the DESCR to be better.   The point is that
> someone who has absolutely zero clue what the program does should be
> able to read DESCR and understand enough about whether they want to
> install it.  I do not understand "daemonless notification"; I don't know
> what it does when it gets one, and I don't understand how others send
> them.

Sure thing, I'll come up with a better description.

> Also, there's no man page installed, and no documentation.  Maybe
> upstream's distribution is like that, but it is deficient.  If there is
> a man page (to man/man1) or other docs (to share/doc/herbe), they should
> be installed.

herbe doesn't have a man page or even a `-h` or `--help` flag. There
is basically only one thing you can do with it which is `herbe foo` or
`herbe foo bar`. You can modify the config.h to change some stuff with
herbe but that isn't explained anywhere.

What do we do in situations like this? I could whip up a quick man
page for it that contains some of the information in the README.