Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/security/openssh

* On 2023-11-06 at 13:15 GMT, Greg Troxel wrote:

My point is that you disabled things for which there was no evidence of
them being broken, almost certainly removing features on platforms you
did not test on.  That is just not ok.

The exact quote from the commit message was:

  "pkgsrc change: enable fido2 support by default, to match NetBSD base."

It seems reasonable to me to assume that the intention of the change was for this to be primarily targeting NetBSD, hence my change to limit it to NetBSD. If you think that's worse than making the change in the first place without testing, and then leaving it broken despite bulk build reports showing it was broken, then so be it.

As I've said, please just change it if you're happy to potentially break other systems. I'm still busy cleaning up after your clearly untested change that broke every single PHP module.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com