Re: firefox-112

On Tue, 23 May 2023 at 14:44, Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2023 10:18:01 +0100
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Any recent ideas about this? Frankly, this version is next to unusable
> > until this is resolved; perhaps downgrade firefox to the last known
> > working version until a solution is found?
>
> USE_GLX_TLS should maybe be backed out in xsrc until someone has
> time to investigate it. I unfortunately do not have time to look into
> this in the near future. It might be worthwhile to try to merge this
> fix (please try and report back if it helps):
>
> https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/0e33e24256c28aed530eb25e07d1c2f23bdf1e12

It looks like most of that commit was already in xsrc (as of
netbsd-10), but there were two extra parts for glxcurrent.c.

One was a cosmetic adjustment for defining __THREAD_INITIAL_EXEC void
*__glX_tls_Context

The other made some changes inside a GLX_USE_TLS and changed it to
USE_ELF_TLS - but neither seem to be actually defined in-tree?

Having said that, I applied them to a netbsd-10 tree and rebooted into
it, and my firefox has been running for fifteen minutes without the
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R7/lib/libEGL.so workaround previously needed to
stop a crash within a few seconds

In case anyone else would like to try to reproduce, the patch is
below, and a netbsd-10 build from the last couple of days with the
patch applies is syncing to
https://sync.absd.org/amd64/10-with-glxcurrent-patch/ (the README.md
will be the last thing to sync, so if it its present, the sync is done
:)

(I'm parking my proposed addition of
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R7/lib/libEGL.so to the firefox startup pending
someone confirming if they either see the same thing with the patch,
or that my system is Just In A Strange State)

Thanks

David