Re: Rust amd64 build failure.

On Thu 13 Apr 2023 at 15:33:21 +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> This construct is necessary as if you do:
> make install 2>&1 | tee -a logfile
> status=$?
>
> Then status is the status of the 'tee' command not the make command. Yes I
> know about set -o pipefail but there are some places I use the script where
> that's not a supported option.

Would

script -c "make install" logfile
status=$?

work for you? That would use a pty to capture the output, and it looks
like script tries to replicate the command's exit status.

> Mike
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto