Re: Rust amd64 build failure.

> Yes my machine gets as far as invoking the rust bootstrap.
>
> I bet you are getting lucky and on your machine the call to isatty()
> isn't returning an odd errno value that the rustix library used by the
> bootstrap isn't expecting. Newer versions of the rustix code have
> stopped doing errno checking altogether in that function which would
> resolve my problem.
>
> This failure is what's blocking my builds and can only be fixed by the
> bootstraps being rebuilt with a newer rustix library.

I won't dispute there is a problem, just that I'm unable to
reproduce it.  I just now took my 9.99.104-running amd64 host,
deleted the rust-bin package that I had installed earlier, and
completed a build started while logged in via an xterm running
tcsh, with

% ( make clean ; nice make ; time ) > & list.105 & tail -f list.105

The build proper started with

=> Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc libtool
=> Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc depcomp
===> Building for rust-1.68.2
pre-installed rustc not detected: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'rustc'
falling back to auto-detect
Building rustbuild
running: /usr/pkgsrc/wip/rust/work/rust-bootstrap/bin/cargo build --manifest-path /usr/pkgsrc/wip/rust/work/rustc-1.68.2-src/src/bootstrap/Cargo.toml --frozen
   Compiling libc v0.2.137
   Compiling proc-macro2 v1.0.46
   Compiling memchr v2.5.0
   Compiling cfg-if v1.0.0
   Compiling unicode-ident v1.0.0
   Compiling version_check v0.9.4

and completed successfully.

How, exactly, do you run your build?

With the above, I suspect that the actual pseudo-tty in the xterm
is still accessible to the rust build(?)  Though, trying to do
I/O to the pseudo-tty will stop the build job with SIGTTOU if I'm
not terribly mistaken.

Now, also, the NetBSD/amd64 bootstrap kits are those which come
from upstream, i.e. they are built by the rust project, it's not
me who's building these bootstrap kits, and I'm hestitating to
deviate from that tradition.

Regards,

- Håvard