Re: Rust amd64 build failure.

>> Well, what can I say, it builds for me -- this is natively on
>> NetBSD/amd64 9.3.  My build log doesn't contain the
>> "pre-installed rustc not detected" message -- it starts the build
>> proper with:
>> ===> Building for rust-1.68.2
>> detected default triple x86_64-unknown-netbsd from pre-installed rustc
>> Building rustbuild
>> running: /usr/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rust-bootstrap/bin/cargo build
>> --manifest-path
>> /usr/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rustc-1.68.2-src/src/bootstrap/Cargo.toml
>> --frozen
>
> Doesn't that mean you already have a rust setup installed on the
> system.

Well, yes and no.  I did notice that rust recently got the option
to build with an external "already-installed" rust, which our
package doesn't yet use.

I thought that instead the referred-to rust was the one from the
bootstrap kit, but that appears to be false.

So I deinstalled rust, and started another native build on
NetBSd/amd64 9.3, and it started the build proper with

=> Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc libtool
=> Modifying libtool scripts to use pkgsrc depcomp
===> Building for rust-1.68.2
pre-installed rustc not detected: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'rustc'
falling back to auto-detect
Building rustbuild
running: /usr/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rust-bootstrap/bin/cargo build --manifest-path /usr/pkgsrc/lang/rust/work/rustc-1.68.2-src/src/bootstrap/Cargo.toml --frozen
   Compiling libc v0.2.137
   Compiling proc-macro2 v1.0.46
   Compiling cfg-if v1.0.0
   Compiling memchr v2.5.0

so I do have "liftoff" for the build even without rust already
installed, and my guess is that in one hour it'll be done.

Regards,

- Håvard