Re: Fallout from inpcb changes in NetBSD 9.99.104/105 [was: Re: pkgsrc-2022Q4 branch released]

"David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, 2022-12-30 at 10:30 +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:

[snip]

>> good to know - I see the same problem (pkgsrc-2022q4, NetBSD 10.0_BETA
>> build 2022-12-23). Here php-snmp and glusterfs depend on it. The inpcb
>> topic is foreign to me, does it make sense for a beginner to deal with
>> it? Will it come down to a trivial patch for net-snmp (renaming a
>> member of the structure) or major overhaul?
>
> mrg@ and I worked on getting it to compile on >= 9.99.104. These
> patches have landed in pkgsrc -current. Neither of us actually use this
> package nor any that depend on it, so if anyone is able to test
> functionality, it would be appreciated. (Also, sysutils/lsof was fixed
> too, by mrg@.)
>
> (The changes deal with different naming and placement of structure
> members, so not a major overhaul, but patches to a few files.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

I tested the latest net-snmp a bit on a 10.0_BETA system.  I had no
problems doing snmpwalk against a IPv4 source and was able to send traps
to a IPv4 and IPv6 sink without any problems.  I don't have a IPv6 based
snmp source to test against.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org