Compact Linux distro for primarily pkgsrc based installation

Looking for suggestions on Linux distro on which I can use "pkgsrc first"
approach to install applications i.e. I'd use native binary packages only
as an exception, if it's badly needed and unavailable on pkgsrc.

In the bargain it should give me a very simple installation process to get
just the bare essentials installed, preferably with installation iso size
of under 1GB and installation time of a few minutes - somewhat like
NetBSD.

I have been using Lubuntu. But looking for something much smaller.

--
Mayuresh