Re: Compact Linux distro for primarily pkgsrc based installation

The Arch Linux ISO is 784MB. The main issue with any sort of minimal
linux install is that at minimum a gcc toolchain, binutils and a way
to get an initial pkgsrc tree onto the box (e.g. curl and any deps for
it) is required to bootstrap pkgsrc. I'm assuming you don't want to do
all the building on the physical TTY console; most minimal linux base
installs (even the CentOS one) don't even come with sshd.