Re: Testing rust 1.56.0 and 1.56.1

Hi,

I think I've done all the testing I can cover for now, and I
think it's now time to push what we have in wip/rust over to main
pkgsrc.  There should still be time in this pkgsrc release cycle
to deal with any fallout.

The "cheat sheet" I have kept for myself to record the test
results is attached below.  There's really only one oddity to
remark, and that is that I could not get firefox to build on
aarch64/9.0.  This, however, does not appear to stem from rust,
but something else:

In file included from Unified_cpp_gfx_skia7.cpp:119:0:
/usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/firefox-93.0/gfx/skia/skia/src/core/SkResourceCache.cpp:75:24: warning: 'SkResourceCache::Hash' has a field 'SkResourceCache::Hash::<anonymous>' whose type uses the anonymous namespace [-Wsubobject-linkage]
 class SkResourceCache::Hash :
                        ^~~~

and lots of other similar/related entries.

I reached out to jperkins, and he said he prefers to do builds /
testing for illumos based on what's in main pkgsrc, via bulk
builds.

My netbsd-9 ppc box is busy doing last quarter's bulk build
still, so that one isn't filled out, but I don't expect any
surprises there either.

Regards,

- Håvard
OK      OS      version         CPU                     test

May require rust-llvm option set due to bump to LLVM 13.
However, at least *some* builds without rust-llvm option succed.

x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> i386           cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> ppc (8.0)      cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> ppc (>=9.0)    cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> armv7          cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> aarch64        cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> aarch64_be     cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 -> sparc64        cross-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 / no rust-llvm    native-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64 / no rust-llvm    librsvg
x NetBSD        current         amd64 / no rust-llvm    firefox-run
x NetBSD        current         amd64                   native-build
x NetBSD        current         amd64                   librsvg
x NetBSD        current         amd64                   firefox-run
  NetBSD        current         aarch64 / no rust-llvm  native-build
x NetBSD        current         aarch64                 native-build
  NetBSD        current         i386                    native-build
x NetBSD        current         ppc                     native-build
x NetBSD        current         ppc                     librsvg
x NetBSD        9               amd64                   native-build
  NetBSD        9               amd64                   librsvg
  NetBSD        9               amd64                   firefox-run
x NetBSD        9               i386                    native-build
x NetBSD        9               i386                    librsvg
x NetBSD        9               i386                    firefox
x NetBSD        9               i386                    firefox-run
x NetBSD        9               aarch64                 native-build
x NetBSD        9               aarch64                 librsvg
  NetBSD        9               aarch64                 firefox-run
x NetBSD        9               earmv7hf-el             native-build
x NetBSD        9               earmv7hf-el             librsvg
x NetBSD        9               sparc64                 native-build
  NetBSD        9               ppc                     native-build
x NetBSD        8               ppc                     native-build
x NetBSD        8               amd64                   native-build
x NetBSD        8               amd64                   librsvg
x NetBSD        8               i386 / no rust-llvm     native-build
x NetBSD        8               i386 / no rust-llvm     librsvg
  illumos       std             amd64                   native-build
  illumos       std             amd64                   librsvg
  macOS         ?               aarch64                 none
  macOS         ?               amd64                   native-build
  macOS         ?               amd64                   librsvg
  Linux         ?               amd64                   bootstrap
  Linux         ?               i386                    none
  Linux         ?               aarch64                 none
  Linux         ?               armv7                   none
  Linux         ?               armv7                   none
  FreeBSD       ?               amd64                   none