Re: Problem using a second pkgsrc unprivileged

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 11:09 AM Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On 25/10/2020 09:02, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 02:38:32 +0200
> > Connor McLaughlan<cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost>  wrote:
> >
> >> Wouldn't it then be easier to use some chroot to be able to use a
> >> another pkgsrc with standard paths and packages?
> >> Is there some howto available for creating a netbsd chroot?
>
> > So why are you bootstrapping and [...] , when
> >
> > 1) You're running NetBSD, hence no need to bootstrap.
>

> You have to if you need/want to try out alternative settings (stable vs
> current, etc)
>
>  > using unprivileged build
>
> I think the point of unprivileged builds is preventing some services
> from replicated. Imagine two versions of the same deamon running at the
> same time.
>
> There really should be an exhaustive document explaining the pros, cons
> and general implications of unprivileged builds.

Basically i am trying what Ottavio writes...

I have root-access, but want to build several independent pkgsrc trees
on the same system, preferably with standard packages and paths, so i
don't have to recompile everything, but focus on where i want to work
on.

So i guess chroot might support his and i have to look into how to set
it up to support this.

Regards,
Connor