Re: Problem using a second pkgsrc unprivileged

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 02:38:32 +0200
Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Wouldn't it then be easier to use some chroot to be able to use a
> another pkgsrc with standard paths and packages?
> Is there some howto available for creating a netbsd chroot?

So why are you bootstrapping and using unprivileged build, when

1) You're running NetBSD, hence no need to bootstrap.
2) You have root access (otherwise you wouldn't be able to use chroot).

Normally application run-time environment isolation requires features
like zones/containers, which NetBSD doesn't support. So stick to one
run-time environment, or manually setup multiple chroot environments.

There is no universal way to setup chroot, everybody does it in
different ways, depending on their needs. I have a set of scripts that
use mount_null to provide read-only mount points for pkgsrc builds.
Other people use something else...