Re: editors/vim copy+paste no longer works

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 at 11:32, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 11:23:10 +0100
> Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > > If yoy try holding Alt while selecting the text block?
> > >
> > > otis
> > >

> > Can't really use Alt, as window manager attempts to move window
> > instead of selecting text. Can't see a way to disable it.
> >
> > Tested two versions of Vim, both built from pkgsrc and used via ssh:
> >
> > Vim-8.1 - copy+paste works.
> > Vim-8.2 - copy+paste doesn't work.
>
> OK, found Xfce setting and unregistered Alt key. Selecting text with Alt
> + mouse and then pasting seems to work, but not ideal, since it only
> works with GUI applications. Can't select text this way in Xterm, which
> is what I use 99% of the time.

I've just installed vim-8.2.0303nb1 onto my NetBSD 9.0 VM.

Started vim, "set mouse=r", selected text with mouse, pasted with the
middle button of my Thinkpad trackpad (my mouse middle button is
actually broken, but the trackpad should do the same) and it pastes
ok.

My terminal is mate-terminal, but the key bindings should be the same as xterm.

--
Ottavio Caruso