Re: editors/vim copy+paste no longer works

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 10:26:18 +0000
nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 09:51:10AM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> > Something has changed in Vim, so that if I run it in Xterm, then
> > copy+paste via a mouse no longer works. I searched online for
> > possible clues and tried a few things, but didn't manage to get it
> > working.
> >
> > Anyone knows the magic setting to fix it?
>
> AFIAK for middle click pasting to work you need to :set mouse=""?
>
> I usually paste with ctrl+alt+v in urxvt because middle clicking
> is kinda janky.

Thanks for that, this command seems to fix the issue. However I never
needed to do this in Vim prior to version 8.2, so I think this is where
the issue is:

$ vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.1 (2018 May 18, compiled Mar 18 2020 16:42:25)
Included patches: 1-2200
+clipboard

$ vim --version
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.2 (2019 Dec 12, compiled Jun 14 2020 15:33:43)
Included patches: 1-303
-clipboard

For some reason latest version of Vim disables system clipboard. Is this
a pkgsrc config issue?